September 8, 2013

“Whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies.” ~ Thomas S. Monson

This weekend has been great, I have been carrying a couple questions around with me as we have been going to Stake Conference and I thought I would share some of them with everyone:

1. How can I be a better husband?
2. How can I be more faithful in my calling?
3. How can I be a better employee?
4. How can I be a better student?

The biggest counsel that I have received is to have a Christ-centered home. I was able to have multiple examples given from people's personal lives, as well as feeling that I can be better about reading the scriptures, serving my sweet wife, and preparing to be a loving father.

What does it mean to have a Christ-centered home? Does it mean that it has to be immaculately clean? That hymns are playing on the speakers 100% of the time? That only Mormon Messages are played on the computer? Personally, I don't think so.

I give that answer because of a meeting that we had this morning. One of the brethren from the stake presidency made a statement that we can still exercise the priesthood righteously even if our house isn't in order. As long as we are trying our best we can still feel the spirit.

Another quote that I like from President Monson is:

"When the Lord speaks, and a man follows, that man will always be right."

That is probably the best counsel I have heard. And it is truly that simple. As long as we are doing our best to be obedient to what Heavenly Father and the Savior want us to do, repenting when necessary, we will be taken care of just fine.

That is some of the greatest news that we can ever have!

No comments:

Post a Comment