February 27, 2012

Good People

"I know in my heart that man is good, that what is right will always eventually triumph, and there is purpose and worth to each and every life." ~ Ronald Reagan

This is a great quote, I think as humans we are really hard on others, but mainly ourselves.

Sure life can be tough, and we make mistakes. I think there isn't one day that I haven't made at least one mistake. But that is why I am grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. As I learn how to live life, and how to follow Him and Our Father, I am so grateful that even when I make mistakes there is a way for me to repent and be clean of all the past mistakes I have made.

My life has never really been hard. Honestly. Things have always fallen in place for me, even when I think they are going completely wrong. Lately I have had a huge change in how I look at life, and others. I have seen the quote above. I have seen how all people, are good people. And that "what is right will always eventually triumph".

Yesterday I was driving home from church when something amazing happened. I was listening to an old familiar song from a Seminary CD (something they give us when we are teenagers). I looked up at the sky and it was turning from bluish colors, to cream, to orange, and finally to red. It was probably the best feeling of peace that I have had in a long time. It was almost like He was saying, "You're doing the right thing. You're getting to where I need you to be at this moment."

I turned off the music and drove in silence to my house. I wanted more than anything to keep that feeling. There aren't many other words that can describe that feeling.

I invite you to drive without music one day. By yourself. Just go down the street, and travel from Point A to Point B thinking about things. Look at the beautiful that is life. Love everyone that you come in contact with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment