January 30, 2012

New name, new meaning.

So I was working at my desk today (which gives me a lot of time to think) and I figured out what I can do for the blog. Both something that I really enjoy, and something that helps me. I have this cool application on my phone that gives me a quote for each day. Granted some aren't as inspirational as others, so I have gone through the one-thousand something quotes and have selected some of my favorites. I am also finding many other quotes that I like through music, the spoken word, inspirational speakers, and some random thoughts that pop into my head as well.

So I've decided to name the blog "A Quote a Day Keeps Depression Away." Because I sure know that if I find the right quote, my mornings (and usually my entire day) is changed for the better, even at 7AM (amazing right?).

So I will start with today's quote:

"I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet." - Mohandas Gandhi


I Think this quote is AWESOME! It helps me realize that I can choose what comes into my mind. Our minds are much like a home. I don't know about your house, but in mine we have a pretty strict rule that we do NOT wear our shoes in the house. We've lived here for about eight years now, and the carpets are rather clean. 


But thinking about it a little further in the carpet analogy, we can always scrub really hard to get it clean, but somethings will not be forgotten (spinning/shaking salad dressing bottles to get the most out of them, so-and-so spilling their cup frequently, and other random concentrations of the gravitational forces.) 


The spot or stain itself will no longer be visible, but we can't really decide if we remember it or not. 


Moral of the story: YOU CAN CHOOSE WHAT ENTERS YOUR MIND! There are so many good things in the world, and so many wonderful things you can fill your mind with. You can keep company with past, Kings, Queens, Presidents, and Religious Leaders IF you read the things they have written. Don't fill your mind with bad things. Keep good company.

No comments:

Post a Comment